Stewart Family Eye Care offers emergency services that require immediate and urgent eye care. If your eye is injured, don't try to judge the severity of it. Immediately seek the opinion of an eye doctor to lessen the risk of hurting your vision. We understand ocular emergencies can arise at any time.
Please call our office at 864-848-4808 for further instructions. Use your best judgment on urgency, if you feel you need to find the nearest emergency room.
Stewart Family Eye Care offers emergency services that require immediate and urgent eye care.
Symptoms that require emergency service include, but are not limited to:
- Sudden loss of vision
- Sudden double vision
- Sudden red/painful eye
- Pink Eye
- New onset flashes and/or floaters
- Foreign body in the eye (especially metal or chemicals)
Things NOT to do while waiting for professional medical assistance:
- DO NOT press on an injured eye or allow the victim to rub the eye(s).
- DO NOT attempt to remove a foreign body that is resting on the cornea (the clear surface of the eye through which we see) or that appears to be embedded in any part of the eye.
- DO NOT use dry cotton (including cotton swabs) or sharp instruments (such as tweezers) on the eye.
- DO NOT attempt to remove an embedded object.
Located inside the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Greer, SC
Stewart Family Eye Care - Phone: 864-848-4808.
We also offer services for more chronic conditions, such as Presbyopia.